Windows Operating systems generally installed from a CD or DVD. On the other side Linux operating systems like Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Fedora, etc can be installed from USB easily. Recently Windows also started to support installation from the USB drive. Windows 10 Media Creation is a tool provided by Microsoft where it creates USB or DVD Windows 10 installation media easily.
Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool can be download from official Microsoft site from the following page. We will just click to the
Download button which will download the tool.
Or simply we can direct the tools from the following link.
Start Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
When we start the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool we need some privileges in order to make changes in the existing operating system. So we will be asked for Administrator settings by User Account Control like below.
Now the Windows 10 Setup screen will appear which provide a message like
Getting a few things ready. This will gather some information about the system and from the internet about the latest Windows 10.
As always we have to
EULA - End User License Agreement provided by Microsoft.
In this step, we will select our aim where there are 2 options. We can upgrade the current operating system like Windows 7, Windows 8 into Windows 10. Or We can create installation media (USB flash drive, SVS, or ISO file) for another PC.
In this part, we will see that there are some options for media creation. We can select 3 different options like below.
- `Language` will provide us a lot of different language like English, Turkish, Spanish, etc.
- `Edition` is the version of the Windows 10 like Home, Pro, etc. More details are provided below the screenshot.
- `Architecture` is the installation CPU architecture like 32-bit or 64-bit. The best choice is 64-bit where 32-bit is abandoned in most of the cases.
Provided Versions Of Windows 10
With the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10, the following Windows 10 versions are provided where they can be downloaded and installed automatically. By the way, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
- `Windows 10 Home` is designed for home and regular end users.
- `Windows 10 Home N` is designed home users but adds some more features to the standard version.
- `Windows 10 Home Single Language` supports only a single language for Windows 10.
- `Windows 10 Pro` is a professional version of the Windows mainly advanced home or basic enterprise users.
- `Windows Pro N` is a bit advanced version of the Pro.
In this part, we will select the media we want to use. We have the following options.
- `USB flash drive` will install the Windows10 into a USB flash drive we have attached. The USB flash drive must be at least 8 GB.
- `ISO file` will download the ISO file of the Windows 10. We can burn or write into USB flash, DVD later.
In this step, we will select the USB flash drive we want to write Windows 10 installation files. Then click new which will write into USB flash drive.
After the Windows 10 USB Installation is completed the following files will exist in the USB Flash drive. We can see that there are the following files and folders.
- `boot` contains boot related files and configurations.
- `efi` contains EFI boot files and certificates.