In the old times there was floppy diskette to transfer files, images, games even operating systems like Windows 3.1 . CDROM technologies arrived and an age is closed and new age is started. CD and DVD have more spaces to store all our stuff. But every good days have a end and USB sticks are common today. But we use CD format named iso, bin and img today too to transfer games and applications. We need to emulate CDROM Drives to use iso images. How can we emulated iso, img, bin and other formats. There is a free and powerful tool named Virtual Clone Drive.
Download Virtual Clone Drive
Virtual Clone Drive can be downloaded from one of the following links.
Install Virtual Clone Drive
Click to downloaded setup file and click traditional Windows Next and accept everything.
Virtual Clone Drive Features
Virtual Clone Drive has the following features. As we see it supports a wide range of image formats. It can emulate CD, DVD and Blu Ray Drives too.
- Mounts images as a virtual drive
- Supports all common image formats such as ISO, BIN, IMG, UDF, DVD, and CCD
- Emulation of CD, DVD, and Blu-ray media
- Supports up to 15 virtual drives at the same time
- History of recently mounted images
- Automount last image
- Unmount image with eject button
- Seamless integration in the Windows Explorer context menu
- Easy to use – just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
- Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost
Set Number Of Virtual Drives
By default, there will be only a single virtual drive on the computer. But as it is virtual we can change the number of virtual drivers whatever we want and need. Just open Virtual Clone Drive from Program Files or Desktop Shortcut and change the
Number of Drives combobox.
Mount ISO, Bin, Img Files To Drive
We will mount iso file named
virtio-win0.1.135.iso into our drive named
D:. Just right click to the image file and select Mount from menu like below.