End Of Life(EOL) is used in computing especially in hardware and software to define the end of the production. Especially commercial manufacturers use EOL in order to finalize the production with old hardware and software and after some time stopping the support which is a cost for them.
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Product Life Cycle Management is an approach to specify the phases of the product from creation to the dead. It provides a systematic approach and all phases like General Availability (GA), End Of Life (EOL), End Of Support (EOS) defined in a schedule.
General Availability (GA)
General availability (GA) specifies the period when the product is fully available and supported without any exception. After the GA the End Of Life (EOL) phase starts which contains multiple subphases to the complete end.
End Of Life (EOL) Policies
Some companies provide
EOL Policies in order to make their users and customers transition easier and smoother. EOL Policies provides information about the following topics.
- `Notification of Last Order Date` will provide information about last order and purchase timeline.
- `End-Of-Line Notification Process` provides detailed information about EOL.
- `Hardware Support` provides information about hardware related support and warranty.
- `Software Support` provides information about software-related support and warranty.
- `Technical Support` provides information about technical support
- `Care Service Plans` provides information about services about the product.
End Of Support (EOS)
End Of Support is the date when the given software, hardware or services product will not supported like an update, patch, technical support, new features, etc. We can see below an example of EOL table which simply provides dates about End Of Sale Announcement, End Of Sale and End Of Support dates.
Popular Manufacturers EOL Pages
Big companies provide detailed EOL policies and information about their software, hardware or services products. Below you can find EOL information about some of these companies products.