Megabyte is a multiple of the unit byte which is used in computing to describe digital data or information size or speed. Megabyte simply represented with the
MB . Actually Megabyte expresses 1.000.000 bytes which are equal to the 10^6 bytes in the International System of Units or SI. We can also call it 1 million bytes.
Megabyte To Bit(b), Byte(B), KiloByte(KB), GigaByte(GB), TeraByte(TB)
Megabyte can be compared against other digital sizes and speed units like a bit, byte, kilobyte, gigabyte, terabyte, and others.
1 MegaByte (MB) = 1.000.000.000 Bit (b) 1 MegaByte (MB) = 1.000.000 Byte (B) 1 MegaByte (MB) = 1.000 KiloByte (KB) 1 MegaByte (MB) = 0.001 GigaByte (GB) 1 MegaByte (MB) = 0.000001 TeraByte (TB)
MegaByte Size Examples
There are different cases that can be used for megabyte sizes. In order to understand the size of a single or multiple megabytes, take a look below examples.
- 1-megapixel bitmap image with 256 colors can be stored in 1 MB storage.
- A single floppy disk can store 1.44 MB data.
- 10 million pixels of regular photos can be stored in 2-3 MB storage.
- A CD disk can store 700 MBs of information.
- 4 megapixel JPEG image with normal compression can be stored in 1 MB storage.
- 1 minute long MP3 can be stored in 1 MB storage.
- 6 seconds of uncompressed CD audio can be stored in 1 MB storage.
- A book with 500 pages and 2000 characters per page can be stored in 1 MB storage.
- The human genome DNS can be stored in 800 MB storage.
- The average email attachment is about 1 MB.
- 3 Minutes of web browsing will require 1 MB of internet download, quota, or usage.
- 30 Whatsup messages will require 1 MB of internet download, quota, or usage.
- 1-minute video at 30 fps, 1080p or HD can be stored in 60 MBs.
Below we will provide the MB size of different types of files and the download time for different internet speeds.
MegaByte Usage Areas
As popular digital storage and speed unit, it is used to express different hardware and software sizes, capabilities, and speeds today. Below we will list MegaByte Usage Areas.
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- USB Flash Disk
- Memory Card
- CPU Register
- CD Disk
- DVD Disk
- File and Directory Size
- Phone Memory
- Digital Camera
- Email Attachment Size
- Internet Speeds
- Download Size
- Upload Size
- Application Size
- Video Size
- Audio File Size
- Compressed file Size